Background1

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Porto's Bakery & Cafe

From the rows of delicious pastries, decorative desserts,
perfectly brewed espresso, to mouth watering sandwiches and fried plantain chips. 

This little Cuban bakery is a favorite.
It is located in Downey, my hometown.
I lived 18 years in Downey. This little town
is a diamond in the rough so many great
things come from Downey. I will probably keep you all up to date
on more about Downey, but for now lets just droowl on all these
delicious pictures!

I will let the pictures I took while visiting this past weekend 
with my sister, brother, and brother in law
speak for themselves.




 I forgot to mention, the lines at Porto's are INTENSE!!!
I was there this Sunday, and it was out the door
and around the corner, not joking.
 this is a Italian Cheesecake.
Our favorite pastry at Porto's are these cheese pastries.
They are warm, sweet cheese on the inside
and caramelized crunchy sugar on the outside!

Iced Dulce de Leche Latte


...unfortunetely I did not take pictures of the sandwiches!
The turkey melt is great, so is the grilled chicken.
And if you love meat, the Cuban Sandwich is a classic!


Visit Porto's and let us know how much you love it!




Love, Di




1 comment: